PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Spawning at a sundy cost infantry res?
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-19, 04:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Chewy
Major

Re: Spawning at a sundy cost infantry res?

Well I mainly thought of this because of people bitching about how hard it was to defend and that that there was no real way to to get invaders out of a base once they are setup inside. I still think that defending should be something that needs done before an attack happens but while doing so in the beta it was maybe 1 out of 10 times that my platoon could stop an attack. No matter how many vehicles we broke or infantry we killed the attack would never stop and attackers would win 9/10 times just by bashing skull after bloody skull on that brick wall.

Enemy vehicle numbers would run out as normal but the endless waves of troops kept me thinking of how the hell are they supplying all of those men. Even in a future setting what reason is there for a single sundy to spawn an unlimited number of men when everything else has a cost? Iv never used the side options for troop tools so I can't say on how they cost and what not, but I never needed them. Revive nades seemed useless to me when I could just use the medi-gun. Little slower but Id always have a grenade for those time you need to blow a group to hell. And mines maybe get a single kill each if they are in a good place.

So maybe a infantry cost to spawning at a AMS isn't a good idea for those that like things that go boom. What about giving each sundy limited number of spawns? Say around 200 or more if certed for larger storage tanks of troops goo.