PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Engineer Utility Pouch?
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-19, 09:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
JoeDragon
Sergeant

Re: Engineer Utility Pouch?

Originally Posted by Tenhi View Post
Uhm... yeah. What you say is right, but it wasnt really what I was asking^^

The Utility Pouch is a Suit Upgrade (http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/Utility_Pouch). I know that I can equip C4 etc in my Utility Slot. The question was how exactly the Utility Pouch Suit Upgrade interacts with all that.

After thinking it through a little bit more I think it really is "only" an increase in capacity . You still cant equip more than 1 Explosive but you get more of them at a time.

So yeah... the question still (kinda) stands. What do you guys think, is the Utility Pouch worth the high Certcosts of 1800 for 4 C4? And if you think about it... if you want 4 Tank-Mines or 3 Anti-Infantry-Mines its even pricier (4 Tank-Mines would be 2400, 3 Anti-Infantry-Mines would be 3350 and that is without certing the other explosives <_<). If you cert all the explosives and the Utility Pouch its 4350 xD

Prices are acording to http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/Engineer ... not sure how updated that is, but IIRC the C4 was at 200 Certs for L1 at the end of the beta.
Sorry, I thought you we're asking if you can equip something you weren't certed into, via the utility pouch. But yeah it would just be an option to carry a couple more of the Utility item you have equipped at the time. The base cert for those items usually increase carrying capacity as well, so it's basically just an option for a little more.

As to whether it's worth it or not? Comes down to personal preference. Do you like setting Claymores around a base before an assault occurs? Do you like lining a road with Anti-tank mines and sit back and watch the hilarity ensue? If so you would want to increase your carry capacity any way you can.

Otherwise, it would be better to invest in a defensive suit upgrade instead.