PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Need help with buying a new PC
View Single Post
Old 2013-11-21, 12:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
HelixProd
Private

Misc Info
Question Need help with buying a new PC

1. Are you building this computer yourself or having one built for you (Like HP, Alienware, or even a small shop)? I am having Toshiba build it.

2. What is your budget and does that include shipping/taxes? $700 MAX

3. Where do you live (Please list town, state, and country)? United states, ME

4. What do you need this computer to do (like gaming, Photoshop, and so on)? UDK, Blender, 3D MAX student, PS2.

5. What parts will you need for the computer? List what parts specifically, saying you need everything will not do. This is the PC I am looking at: http://www.toshiba.com/us/computers/...50/S50-ABT3N22 Intel® Core™ i5-4200U Processor (3M Cache, up to 2.60GHz) with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
Windows 8.1
6GB DDR3L 1600MHz (4GB + 2GB)
750GB HDD (5400rpm, Serial ATA)
2GB DDR3 NVIDIA ® GeForce® GT 740M with Optimus™ Technology
DVD SuperMulti (+/-R double layer) drive
Wi-Fi® Wireless networking (802.11b/g/n) (150Mbps
)

6. Are you reusing any parts for this computer? If so say what parts (make and model). No

7. What kind of monitor/resolution do you have or want to get to use for the computer? 1366x768 (HD)

8. Do you have already have a OS or do you need one? What OS is that? I need Win8. It comes with the laptop.

9. What are you looking for the motherboard to have feature wise? Like SLI, Crossfire, Firewire, USB 3.0, Sata 6.0 Gb/s, and so on. I have no idea. I don't know what that stuff is.

10. Any plans to overclock the CPU or GPU? No, IDK how or if I can.

11. What time kind of time frame are you planning on ordering these parts? Blackfriday