PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - AGN: Community Clash Recording TXR and MERC vs NNG and TGWW
View Single Post
Old 2013-09-30, 12:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #207
Dreadnaut
Contributor
Private

Re: Community Clash Recording TXR and MERC vs NNG and TGWW

Originally Posted by Jax Blake View Post
Uh wow are we really going into stealing TS conversations...

My anger with this whole situation and my absolute disgust as shown in that sound clip has nothing to do with my outfit or yours (at this point in time) but with the producers of this event because for me they absolutely failed and have yet to directly address the issue at hand. As far as the flying stuff I don't fly and when flying is involved for MERCs then Snafu is the guy to talk to.

In the future if anyone wants to hear something from a MERC just come out and ask and we can talk, no need to steal and leak conversations, that's some punk bitch shit right there.
I said that TGWW should exit this thread, and I meant it, however I had planned on responding to this post before I exited the thread and forgot too. I was gone at a buddies wedding for the last 3 days and didn't have a chance to respond. My apologies.

- - - - -

Your anger being directed at the Producers of the RCCC is unfounded and they did nothing wrong. We all played under the exact same rules and the exact same map. We had no advantage nor did you. RCCC crew should be commended for putting this together for the community and nothing less. They had to work with a broken test server as did we, and there is absolutely ZERO reason to place any blame on them. If you believe that rules were vague, politely ask them to clarify them, don't berate them. Had the rules been more 'clear' nothing would have changed, the outcome would have been exactly the same, as my team would have been the exact same 24 hours, 7 days, or 30 days prior to the event. If you have suggestions for them, please let them know what they are as they have stated on multiple occasions they are working to make this event better and better every time.

I understand that there is still a little confusion about the spawn beacons, and that there was some mixed messages there...however, we all had to deal with the same situation, no one had an advantage.

As far as 'stealing TS conversations' goes, if you think I care enough about a scrim to go do something shady like that, you'd be 100% wrong. How would one go about 'stealing' TS conversations anyway?? Please enlighten me because my TS server requires permissions to get into most of the channels.

Now, if one of your OWN guys was streaming it live to the internet, and someone anonymously sends me a link to the recording, am I stealing your TS conversations?? It wasn't till sometime the day after the match that someone said to me, "Couple of their guys thought you were cheating, listen to this...and btw, here are the time stamps of them losing their shit and fighting with each other like children". Of course I listened. I actually wasn't upset about anything I heard as I'm used to being called a cheater, and most of the guys in my outfit are used to being called cheaters. But that usually comes from guys who are BR 3 and don't know what skill is. I know when I'm accused of cheating that whoever it is, is just ignorant, stupid, or both. In this specific case I don't think anyone is stupid, maybe a little ignorant of the situation though. I do understand when you're frustrated that sometimes people say things off the cuff, so I'm not taking any accusations personally. Accusing us of leaving the continent at half time was just dumb. That didn't happen. If I found out any of my players did it, they would be removed.

Our resource management was key, and it's already been posted how we were so successful in doing so. I also had to giggle and the # quotes of how many aircraft we had in the air which were WAY off, sometimes quoted more than double what there actually was. We've just been doing this a long time, and it's what we do. We're used to playing with less people in the air and to be honest, we get beat down A LOT. We get our asses handed to us by superior #'s on a regular basis. We use those situations to get better and we're finding that we have a the ability to kill larger #'s of guys in the air by good communication and good pilots. We're not the best, but we work hard and we have a desire to win.

Now, on to the REAL issue with that sound clip...

The fighting you have between your own members was the worst part of that sound clip. This is a game, and it sounded like someone had just said something bad about your mom and your sister to your face and you were ready for blood. You guys need to fix that stuff before you EVER get into another scrim or match. That type of infighting will do nothing but tear you all apart from the inside. The comment, "I HAVE SERIOUS ISSUES HOW THIS OPERATION WAS RUN" was pretty silly. It didn't matter what you did, and no one had any control on the ground. Once we took over the air we knew there would be absolutely nothing you could do to stop us. We're in the air all the time, we looked at the Nexus and came up with a plan and knew that if we controlled the air, we would then control the ground. It's a delicate balance but we had a plane to make it work.

A quote from our website:
"Since the German attack on Poland in 1939, no country has won a war in the face of enemy air superiority, no major offensive has succeeded against an opponent who controlled the air, and no defense has sustained itself against an enemy who had air superiority. Conversely, no state has lost a war while it maintained air superiority, and attainment of air superiority consistently has been a prelude to military victory. It is vital that national and theater commanders, their air component commanders, and their surface component commanders be aware of these historical facts, and plan accordingly."

Your arguing, bitching, screaming and yelling was to NO fault of any member of TxR/MERC. There was nothing they could do and screaming at them has no positive effect. We killed every Sundy as fast as we could, we did everything possible including the idea of suicide runs in a Lib just to kill a Sundy. Being willing to Sacrifice your own Liberator which you may or may not be able to pull again to kill a spawn point is something we had to weigh very heavily. But it was in the plan and we'd do it if needed. We also aren't strangers to capping bases from the air, and as you can see in the videos, we did that in a few cases fairly successfully.

Speaking as a man, to a man, all you need to do is say, "I was upset, I said dumb things, I'm sorry" and we can all be friends again. I'm not going to hold a grudge and I hope no one else will over a silly game.

Props to Forsosh for being the calm voice of reason on TS. That's a guy you want to keep around for a long time. That type of attitude is what we ALL need to emulate.

I'll direct my other questions directly to TxR/MERC leadership as it doesn't belong here.

TL;DR
Stop the infighting between yourselves or you won't ever be successful in anything you do, video game or not.

Last edited by Dreadnaut; 2013-09-30 at 12:23 PM.