PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - head shots!!!
Thread: head shots!!!
View Single Post
Old 2002-12-09, 03:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Jinxmasta
Second Lieutenant

Yes I believe the main difference between Planetside and other FPSes is the enormous scale it was on. The sniper roles in other games aren't always what a real sniper does. It usually means take a shot within 3 seconds and hope it hits before you get shot by another person. However, Planetside is so huge that snipers shouldn't be powered so much. I think a good use of snipers is to have some in your squad to begin wounding the enemy and once they find your position, send in the rest of the squad while the snipers are still firing mainly at the body to wound or kill since they probably won't have very high health in a firefight. If I were to snipe, I wouldn't go in solo or with just some other snipers. I would go with an entire squad and help them. I wouldn't care if I didn't get the most kills. Body shots shouldn't be too weak and therefore you can severely damage the enemy while they are fighting your squad which will result in your squad having an advantage.

The point is, it doesn't matter who gets the kills since you all get the same BEP's... it's the end result. What would you rather have? 5 kills and your whole squad dead or 2 kills and your squad alive and you've won the battle?

I Qanamil_Rafiki for this sig!