PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The most broken things from PlanetSide1
View Single Post
Old 2011-12-20, 01:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Death2All
Major

Misc Info
Re: The most broken things from PlanetSide1

I've said this before, but I believe one of the most game breaking things in the game was the prevalence of towers, mainly how they changed gameplay.

You had these wide open landscapes to fight over, awesome fights in forests, over bridges etc. Instead, almost all the fighting, for the most part, especially nowadays is condensed in these tiny little towers scattered all over the map.

It really diminishes the scope of the game when you have these gigantic maps and yet the majority of the action takes place in these little towers. It just makes for boring stale gameplay. It's always the same. One side spamming down, one side spamming up. To make it worse, so many pseudo "killwhores" favored ToDs the best. Don't get me wrong, a ToD here and there is great fun but when it's multiplied to the consistency you see them now, where all the action is based on if you have a tower in the proximity of an enemy base. It's lame, it's really fucking lame and I hate it.

The most fun I got out of PS was footzerging with nothing but my Pulsar/Lancer and engaging all enemies I came across and eventually pushing to the next enemy base. Most people regarded footzerging at noobish because it was so much more efficient to pull a Reaver and kill armor or pull a tank and do the same.

News of the new "territory control" mechanic really warms my heart. It sounds more like we'll be fighting over vast tracks of land, rather than whoring in a tower so we can stroke at our awesome KDs in a dead game. Everyone wants a good KD, of course. But Jesus Christ, some people go to the ends of the earth to make sure they have one, it sort of dimishes the point of a KD when you're trying so hard to get one. Isn't K/D just a statistic to show your ratio from kills to death? Not an obligation to never die and play like a complete doucheba- Fuck it, too late now, it doesn't matter.

But yeah, fuck towers. I guess they aren't really broken per se, but they certainly change the gameplay for the worse.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON