PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Is this PC rig good for Planetside 2
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-15, 12:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Ailos
Contributor
Major

Re: Is this PC rig good for Planetside 2

I'm with Rbstr. You listed a Trinity APU as your "motherboard". There are worse things to buy, but if playing PS2 is on your list, then that A10 is scraping the bottom. I also can't understand whether the stuff you listed is what you have now or stuff you're wanting to upgrade to.

You gave us a budget, and that's a good start. In that, depending on where you live, you can fit in an Ivy Bridge i5 with a new mobo and 8 GB of fast RAM (faster memory is preferable for PS2), and upwards of a 660Ti/7950 or possibly even a 670/7970 for that kind of money, assuming you don't need to upgrade your power supply.

I'd leave the HDD alone - SSDs are nice, they make everything feel more fluid and immediate, but in the scope of gaming, all they do is reduce load times. Given the pricing, the $100 spent on an SSD is better placed getting you the i5/670 combo.

Don't bother with aftermarket heat sinks or any CPUs ending in a -K. Given everything else posted in this thread, overclocking is out of the question, so you buying anything beyond an i5-3550 is throwing money in the trash can.

Interior Crocodile Aviator
IronFist After Dark