PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - What if maps were constantly lost/created?
View Single Post
Old 2010-11-16, 05:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Vancha
Colonel

Re: What if maps were constantly lost/created?

Originally Posted by Furret View Post
So basically there's a sense of victory and defeat, without a true defeat.

Since I don't understand your idea, whats so different about getting shoved back to your sanctuary?
Well pushing someone back to their sanctuary always felt rather "victory-less", because you knew in a few hours they'd be back on the continent you just took from them. If however you were able to push back one side endlessly, there's a chance you could keep it forever (along with possibly whatever bonus you got for capturing it). The fact that there are three sides, which means rather than back-and-forth there's also an element of up and down, would only increase the possibility of keeping somewhere for a longer period of time.

Originally Posted by Furret View Post
Maybe if there was a third 'home' continent that only opened when you lost footholds on every continent.

Though what would happen to the real second home continent. Would the victors still own that continent, and therefore gain another continent? Or would that continent disappear until the losers lost their third 'home' continent?
This is what I tried to show with my diagram. If the losers lost both home conts, they'd become neutral continents and two new home conts for the losers would appear behind them. Meanwhile, as the map shifted to accommodate the new home conts, the victors (both empires) would lose access to one of their home-conts as it went off the map (but retain ownership/bonuses), and claim whichever neutral continent was closest to their remaining home cont as their new home cont.

Now that assumes that one side losing both home continents would pull both the other sides closer, but I suppose it could work individually too.

Say VS take both TR's home conts...TR's home conts would turn neutral, and TR would be given two new home conts behind them. VS would have both their home conts go off the map, and be given whichever two neutral continents were closest to their old home conts as new home conts. Meanwhile, NC would be unaffected. The world map would have to pivot around a certain point for that though, rather than just shifting in one direction.