PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Much Ado About Nerfing?
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-03, 11:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
DovahTerran
Corporal

Cool Much Ado About Nerfing?

I'm just gonna put it straight: the game is fine, guys.
Over the last 3 days I've had more fun playing this game than I ever have had before.

I've fought (and killed, as a TR Medic and even Infie with SMG in close-quarters combat) ZOE maxes. If people work as a team, MAXes are no problem. It can be done.

There are a few balance issues that need adjusting. I'm not denying that. And I would adore them fixing the apparent performance deficiency in AMD processors that's been around for a long time. But, can anyone agree with me that the game has actually reached a state where it's just enjoyable to play regardless of it's flaws?

Since the Connery-Helios merge, all 3 continents have constant battles. Not just on Indar. The server is alive and well, as far as I can see. I can pick and choose my battles, not just force myself to fight for XP at the Crown. It's fun.

I think the doom and gloom aspect that I see a lot of the time is kind of overdone. shocker. I don't pander to SOE's marketing techniques or dev team, they drive me nuts sometimes. But Higs, TRay and the whole team have worked MIRACLES in marketing, publicity and every other aspect relative to PS1. We are actually helping to shape the game's future, one bit at a time. Heck, I still get people that say "There was a PlanetSide 1? Where?" Whereas nowadays we've got a great game and a pretty decent-sized population. Enjoy it.

/Rant