PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - DEV reddit AMA- "ANT will most likely be the Sunderer with an ANT module" says WHO?
View Single Post
Old 2013-12-07, 11:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Oty
Contributor
Corporal

Re: DEV reddit AMA- "ANT will most likely be the Sunderer with an ANT module" says WH

I rather think it's a good idea too give the ANT to the sundy. here is why:
1. It's a truck! From a logical point of view there is no reason for an empire (I know its a game but still) to build a new vehicle for energy transport if they already got a stable truck to put some energy canister into.

2. It's durable! remember there is 2000 players on each continent, and alot of firepower can be directed at one place at one time. For any chance of delivering to a base heavily under siege then one needs a heavily protected vehicle.

3. It has firepower! same reason as above. If the sundy is target for a mission it will have to defend itself from alot of things. Here it's ability to carry infantry for further protection comes in handy aswell.

4. It's quite big! to balance out that it has armour and firepower, it is also a quite big target for the enemy to hit.

5. optimization! I assume that the less different types of vehicles that needs to be rendered during a figth the better the game will run. (just an assumption, correct me if I'm wrong)

Also, to load the ANT vehicle in a galaxy and just drop it where needed seems too easy, even though it needs some skill.

However if any of you played BF vietnam, in this game there was the possibility to airlift vehicles. i.e the helicopters could send down a rope and eg. snag a tank. Fly with it to a destination and drop it in. the tank was exposed during the flight but could shoot.
If this feature was added to the galaxy then we suddenly have a high skill, high risk, high reward situation. It would also require teamwork in the air and on the ground.

Last edited by Oty; 2013-12-07 at 11:15 AM.