PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - *Sigh* Another patch hurting cloakers...
View Single Post
Old 2004-02-11, 09:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Jaged
Why do yhe devs hate us cloakers? Sure they gave us the grenade clips, but they also halved the size of shotgun ammo boxes. My NC infils inventory is already crammed full. Now I get half as much ammo.
I've only recently started concentrating on an NC infil, and I was stunned at the versatility of inventory space specifically because of the lack of balance with ammunition. If you go out with an AMP, you'd best have 2 boxes of ammo minimum with you because it chews through the ammo so quickly. If you go out with a single box you'll be scavenging backpacks pretty quickly. If you're a hacker, you definitely want an REK with you. If you're a CE, that leaves 1 spot for an ACE. The Repeater fares slightly better, but I'm still more comfortable with 2 boxes of ammo there. The Beamer is a joke and not worth including in the discussion.
Then I start up with an NC infil and find that a single box of ammo is more than adequate. I can go out with the Magscatter, one box of ammo and 3 aces and be a highly effective killing machine. Scavenging shottie shells is far easier than people make it sound (we're NC, just look for the friendly backpacks), but since 30 shells plus the initial clip is ~8 kills I don't have to be in any hurry to find the shells.
NC infil, just like Jackhammer and Sweeper users have had an ammo benefit that the other empires couldn't enjoy. I don't know if the proposed numbers will end up being the correct fix, but I do know that it needed a fix.