PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Official PS Wish List
View Single Post
Old 2003-06-08, 05:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
Primal
Private

My ideas are perhaps not as grandiose as some of the others posted, but I would like slight changes to improve the quality of playing the game, not the overall gameplay.

For instance:

1. On your HUD, I would like a small text bar, that tells you the name of the SOI you are currently under. So if you are at NorthWest Hapi Tower's SOI, the name "NorthWest Hapi Tower" is written on your HUD.
I realize this doesn't impact the game significantly, but it would make it slightly more polished in my eyes.

2. The ability to choose the % of exp that as a commander, goes into CR and BR. I don't like the fact that a squad leader is forced to get Commander exp. Right now I think it's keeping a lot of squads from being formed, since a lot of people just want normal Battle exp. But if a squad leader could choose how much of his exp (in % form) goes into CR, and the rest into BR, that would make the game a lot more flexible.
This idea is adapted from Everquest's "Alternative Advancement" system, where you can choose the % of your expeirence going towards getting you bonus alt advancement points.

3. Another HUD tweak. This may sound simple, but I would love for the ability of having a transparent fullscreen map put over your HUD. So when you are driving, you can bring up a 50% transparent full map, so you can still see the road a head of you, and check the map while driving.
I've hit many a rock while autodriving on my harasser, 'cos I was too busy adjusting waypoints :P

4. As I understand it, at the moment, BR20 is the exp cap, with no advancement after that. If there is one thing SOE is good at, is milking their customers for the long run. I've learnt this in 4 years of Everquest addiction. So I am sure they will find a way to make the game interesting enough to keep people playing it. Maybe have special bonuses that you can keep getting if you exp above BR20.
Eg. Faster running speed ever x amount of exp. Very slight increments of course. Or maybe the ability to even swap sides at that stage. Turning your back on your Alliance.

Thanks for readin` =)