PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Game Feedback: Its Boring. :/
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-11, 01:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Game Feedback: Its Boring. :/

Rapid response is something my outfit has been discussing and I agree that as it currently stands it's simply not viable in most situations, to the detriment of the game.
However, simply extending the length of the hack timers (for lack of a better term) would just mean more time spawn camping for the assaulting forces at towers and outposts. For larger facilities it would mean securing a hard spawn point and trying to assault through to bring the SCU back up, still not very 'defensive' and more of a smallish-sized counter assault. Could be fun but it wouldn't be like what was possible in Planetside, dropping a gal at the BD and assaulting through to the tubes (or CC) to bring them back up since due to the current layout it would be more akin to taking a tower and pushing from the tower to the base you're trying to defend back in Planetside.
I would see that being more viable for the current tech plant as the SCU is in it's own separate building, which one could gain control of, while bringing the SCU back online. In a biolab or amp station you would have to gain control of the main superstructure before work could begin on bring the spawns back up (or they'll just go right back down moments after you bring them online.)

We'll have to see what Clegg has planned for these redesigned bases. My hopes are less areas that can be shelled by outside armor/air and passageways from the spawns to outlying areas, to allow for the types of holds that used to be the bread and butter of smaller, more tightly knit outfits.
Hopefully the video will go online in a few minutes and we can all take a look.

EDIT: More info on the map is what would really help. Status of hard spawns, status of gens, cap points, etc...
EDIT EDIT: Youtube says the video has been removed for being too long? wth?

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Last edited by bpostal; 2013-01-11 at 01:53 PM.