PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Analyze This: Graphic Settings and UserOptions.ini -- Is Your Game Running Optimally?
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-24, 08:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
ItZMuRdA
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info
Re: Analyze This: Graphic Settings and UserOptions.ini -- Is Your Game Running Optima

Originally Posted by omega four View Post
If you think it's a bit of an exaggeration, we should dogfight in ESFs. You with render dist = 1000; me with render dist = 6000.

I won't be done traveling on business until this Friday but we can find some time on Saturday.
I said that I don't dogfight often at all; I don't see much point in that. The only point I was making by saying "exaggeration" is that I've been using 1000 for months and never really felt like it hindered the hours I've spent in the air. Piloting is by far my worst role in this game, though. You're more than welcome to use a higher render distance if you fly a lot, though I don't think 6000 is going to help you much more than 2000. It doesn't actually change the distance of rendered units such as players and vehicles.

Originally Posted by OCNSethy View Post
Could be adaptive Level of Detail. ie; objectives further away are drawn at a lower quality to improve framerate.
Indeed it is. I'm not sure how much it helps but I have mine at 0 just for any extra performance boost!

Originally Posted by OCNSethy View Post
Ive seen your in-combat vids and other "Analyze This" espisodes too... you dont seem to have too many problems gunning and running

Congrats on your engagement too, btw
Thanks and double thanks on the congrats!