PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - A clarification on Crimea
View Single Post
Old 2014-04-13, 08:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: A clarification on Crimea

Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
OK, apologies if I offended. To be honest I'm pissed off with what's going on in Ukraine because from my perspective I see a country having its sovereignty stripped away by force, heavily assisted by outside actors, so maybe thats why my comments seem charged.

I wasn't aware I was using exaggerations and the intentional fallacies - As far as I understand from news reports, there's no doubt that pro-Russian militia armed with automatic weapons are in at least two cities now, if not more. I already said that I couldn't prove they were Russian soldiers (I edited it before you replied). Maybe you think this view is an exaggeration/fallacy - as far as I understand it, this is fact - but I'm just going on what I understand from the media.

As for the loaded question - yep, I guess I should have separated that question ("Are they generally supportive about what Putin and the Russian government doing in Ukraine?") from the rest, and put it in a new paragraph. But I am genuinely interested to know what the Russian sentiment is towards the government's actions during this recent Ukrainian crisis.

For the record I don't think Russians are vodka-drunk sillies .

Sonny
To be honest I don't know anymore... The informational static coming out of western and eastern media is so noisy that there's no real way to tell anything truthful right now.

One thing I'm certain of - I do not intend to participate and do not acknowledge any further intervention (as in trying to intervene in any way, even positive) in Ukraine. And since I don't really want to wear any masks here - I do not want it not because I'm the incarnation of humility, but instead because attacking Ukraine would be equal to painting a big red "Fell for it" on our heads. US already blames Russia for every slight unrest there is, and for ages Russia has been branded as: supplying weapons to terrorists, aggressively expanding its territory, world-wide embezzling, suppressing free speech, being racist and (god forbid) torturing, threatening and humiliating gays, according to the Russian rainbow people themselves. So if anything - my personal opinion - if they (whoever they are) wanted to make an enemy out of ordinary Russian citizens, they have succeeded. Response is not caused by Putin's propaganda, but instead by western one and their inability to stop ABUSING freedom of speech.

As for sovereignty stripped by force - explain your point of view please. I don't really want to make any assumptions, because I already have way too many. My best guess is - you refuse to believe that Russian involvment ended with Crimea and all the following events are aftershocks, correct?

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.