PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Huge Outfits and PlanetSide 2
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-20, 02:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
BiggLouFiftyFve
Private

Re: Huge Outfits and PlanetSide 2

Someone pointed out earlier in this thread that it's not the quantity, but the quality of the numbers... I'm a member of a very large outfit on Connery, and I can tell you that we are definitely do not zerg. We have Command on nearly 100% of the time (yes nearly 24/7) and to be active in the squads, voice comms are required. Not only that, but we have a membership process that requires recruits to sign up on the forums, fill out and application and then be screened by outfit leadership.

Everything we do in game is highly coordinated. What you see at a base might only be a fraction of our forces online. We don't just will-nilly hop from CP to CP, command has a strategy and orders are given to the various units. As others have said, there as some large outfits that try to suck up all the nubs as they come into the game. People come to us looking for large, organized operations, and they get it.

I played WWIIOL (2001 - 2004) in a small French regiment, and we got steamrolled the majority of the time by the larger German ones (partially because we were playing French or hard mode, but due to our size as well. Despite all that, we still had fun and there was a place for the size of our group by working with other groups in-game.

Maybe forming alliances between the smaller outfits is key. Platoons are not restricted to outfits, so that would essentially increase numbers while allowing the retention of identity. Just a thought... Even having an alliance interface in game would be cool... Restricting the size of outfits are not going to break up the larger outfits. All it will do is break up the in-game membership. They'll still join voice comms, squads and work as one unit. The in-game outfit system is more for grouping players and showing tags than actually working as a unit...

Last edited by BiggLouFiftyFve; 2012-12-20 at 02:52 PM.