PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - North Carolina pastor calls for death of gays
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-23, 07:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

North Carolina pastor calls for death of gays

Source

A North Carolina pastor is calling for the extermination of all gays and lesbians by locking them off behind an electrified fence and waiting for them to die.

Charles Worley of Providence Road Baptist Church in Maiden, N.C., made the suggestion during a May 13 sermon, according to a video posted Monday on YouTube.

“I figured a way to get rid of all the lesbians and queers,” he says.

“Build a great, big, large fence — 150- or 100-mile long — put all the lesbians in there . . . do the same thing for the queers and the homosexuals, and have that fence electrified so they can’t get out.

“Feed ’em, and you know what?” Worley continues. “In a few years they’ll die. Do you know why? They can’t reproduce.”

Worley made the comments after admonishing President Obama for recently saying he agrees with same-sex marriage.

Earlier this month, North Carolina approved a constitutional ban on same-sex marriage.

Worley added that he won’t vote for “a baby killer and a homosexual lover.”

“It makes me pukin’ sick to think about — I don’t even know whether y’all can say this in the pulpit or not — can you imagine kissing some man?” Worley says.

According to the Providence Road Baptist Church’s website, Worley has served as pastor there since 1976.

The church did not immediately respond to an email and phone call from the Daily News.

Catawba Valley Citizens Against Hate (CVCAH), the group that posted the clip to YouTube, plans to protest Worley and the church on Sunday, May 27.

“To hear this kind of hate being preached, this kind of intolerance, it hurt me, and I’m not even part of the LGBT community,” activist Laura Tipton, who organized the protest, told The News.

Tipton, who lives in nearby Hickory, N.C., says she called the church and spoke to Worley after learning about the video.

“He invited us to come down, and even let us know what time the sermon starts,” she said, adding that Worley might be “trying to prove a point that he has nothing to hide.”

Tipton stresses that the protest is not anti-Christian.

“This is not a protest against faith or religion,” she said. “I believe we will have Christians at this protest. This is against a man who has the power to mold minds and influence opinions . . . and this is the message you’re sending?”

The protest comes at a time when gay rights are a hot topic in North Carolina. Earlier this month, a pastor in Fayetteville suggested parents beat their children if they display homosexual tendencies.

“Dads, the second you see your son dropping the limp wrist, you walk over there and crack that wrist. Man up. Give him a good punch,” Sean Harris of the Berean Baptist Church said in a sermon.

Harris later backtracked and said he doesn’t actually advocate abuse, although “effeminate behavior is ungodly,” he told The Fayetteville Observer.
What is it with Baptists lately? Not enough hate in their Cheerios?