PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Need help building computer. Will this $768 config handle PS2?
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-16, 09:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Lannce
Private

Re: Need help building computer. Will this $768 config handle PS2?

Hey guys,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to take Goku's recommendation and drop the cpu down to the 3470 / B75 mobo combo - I like that this saves me $90. The corsair 500w power supply looks fine, but I want to make sure that it is enough for my build, and POSSIBLY for future upgrades if I see an obvious need to.

I know how fast 128GB will disappear, but Planetside 2 is pretty much the only reason for me owning this rig. My company just bought me a 15" Macbook Pro, which I use for all my web design/programming. If I want to play music on this computer, I'll use the internet or plug in my external 1tb HDD.

These are my only remaining questions before I purchase this rig:
1) TitanX, do you own the Zalman case? Is it designed well?
2) Is the ZOTAC 2gb 256bit PCI 2.0 a good card for the money ($190)? I've seen similar GPU specs, but most are like $100 more. Is the $100 worth it, or should I really consider moving up to the $300-400 range. My goal is to be able to run PS2 at the highest settings, but if that is going to cost me an extra $400, I really need to justify the cost/benefit ratio of owning a better gpu.
3) Can someone take a look at the MicroATX Gigabyte B75 Mobo and talk some sense into me? I'm worried about the GPU not fitting or perhaps touching the Memory slots. The ZOTAC gpu kinda looks like a brick. Will this all fit in the Zalman case?