PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: Suggestion - PS1 Outfit Point to Station Cash
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-08, 06:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
MCYRook
Staff Sergeant

Re: Suggestion - PS1 Outfit Point to Station Cash

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
Originally Posted by MCYRook View Post
Oh please. Stop suggesting to give "old PS1 players" extra handouts.
Where did this happen? Am I blind?
Hell yeah has this happened. PS1 vets have been asking for
  • first pick for character and outfit names - this I find understandable, as it pertains to "keeping your identy" from PS1 on to PS2
  • getting the old CR5 backpack as a visual PS1 vet recognition - this has its own, long thread
  • various other cosmetic freebies, from the old PS1 voicepacks to the old body armor looks (of course upgraded to PS2 standards)
  • now this one who even wants something that gives him a tangible in-game benefit and saves him actual cash

All of those suggestions stem from an attitude that us vets are somehow special and are entitled to something extra, which I find really annoying.

I've played PS1 extensively for many years, I've dumped a lot of cash on subs, have earned way over 100k kills and hundreds of thousands of OP - but I don't expect this new game to treat me like some VIP.

Sure, PS2 wouldn't be coming if it wasn't for the long-time vets. Give 'em some extra ribbon to put on their uniform, I'm cool with that. I just don't think people realize how disproportionate some of the other "vet reward" suggestions are, including this one.