PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Optimization is coming along nicely according to Smedly.
View Single Post
Old 2013-09-05, 09:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
kubacheski
Staff Sergeant

Re: Optimization is coming along nicely according to Smedly.

Originally Posted by wasdie View Post
How did you come to the conclusion that the QA staff has been let go?
Sorry, I thought the sarcasm in a couple of those statements was thick enough. But no I doubt all are gone. I mean how many employees does SOE have tho? And the reports are that 200 were let go. Mostly in EQ2 from what I gather. But with PS2 in release now and they're adding content like it's going out of style, well to the point that they need to halt all content production to optimize (read integrate all the new content properly), you hardly need playtesters. I mean why pay playtesters when an unfinished game has a full community of playtesters (many who pay money to play)? Real players test out much of the content on the test server already - for free.

But like one comment in the thread i posted earlier said:
"Oh good, I was tired of games having so much Quality Assurance and Customer Support."

Kinda funny tho that the time they need testing the most, they can some of them. yea it's probably focused on other games, but you can't tell me that the QA teams are only hired for a single game. They test all new content and server tweaks. Or they should. But that's what got us here in the first place isn't it. The pushing out of content without studying the full impact that the changes were having on performance and gameplay.