PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Combat Engineering - Fortification Engineering
View Single Post
Old 2011-09-22, 04:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Re: Combat Engineering - Fortification Engineering

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
I love every word in this thread. When Higby mentioned the .50 cal type gun an engie can deploy, I got all excited. I love field battles, and things like this can create bridge-type battles only without the bridge. Setting up hardpoints, and subsequently breaking through them is hopefully a good sized portion of the game.

I like this thread too.

Not eveyone has uber kill ability. I have the hand-eye reaction time of a drunk Armadillo.

I always liked the Engie capabilities. I'd love to see more ENG abilities in PS2. They can come later. I can't imagine the DEVs not feeling the same. I feel lucky that these cats seem to love this game as much as the rest of us. I hope they're on this thread - I suspect they are - they're EVERYWHERE !
A lot of good content and expansion of gameplay here.

hmmmmm ..... DEFORMABLE TERRAIN ? ....the proper certed ENG uses his uber glue stick to add a bulldozer blade to a tank ..... and then the tank driver is temporarily part of that ENG team ... or can simply create his own gunnery hole.... maybe the tank driver can leave the bulldozer blade on - at the loss of significant speed and manueverabilty - but gets a net gain in front armor by having that huge blade in front of his tank (probably should cause the driver to suffer significant visibility loss as well)

....dug-in tanks would be bomber fodder....makes a tank work more as a fixed artillery piece while "dug-in"....now I'm ramblin' and dreamin'....still good stuff in this thread IMHO.

Last edited by Chaff; 2011-09-22 at 05:17 PM.