PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - THE Beer Thread
Thread: THE Beer Thread
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-26, 04:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #139
Sirro
Corporal

Re: THE Beer Thread

Originally Posted by Rago View Post
Hmm as a German I must read this Thread, In there Place where i live, Every Village/Town has a Own Beer XD.

I dont see any point in making me Enemy´s here.But there many are Good Beers Here.
I also tryed different Beers in Other countries which i liked,too.I never found a American beer who was "good", on Ice you can drink almost everything.
The vast majority of good American beer gets very little distribution in Europe and with over 1800 breweries operating in the country now it's a shame, big beer keeps the goods out of Europe (well that and of course import cost is terrible.)

It also doesn't help that Germany while it still has a wonderful beer culture, it has had major economic issues in the last few decades with many breweries closing and Big Beer(think Inbev) making false promises to the gov to help out but all they seem to do is buyout and flood the market with crap.

I hear about kids taking a Bud instead of a regional wheat or lager and it makes me wish I could slap people across the ocean, our kids are kind of stuck with it, but in Europe there is no excuse!

I am hoping in the next few years to save up cash and do a nice tour around the country, I hear Bamberg has a thriving beer diversity