Thread: THE Beer Thread
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-27, 03:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #140
Rago
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Re: THE Beer Thread

Originally Posted by Sirro View Post
The vast majority of good American beer gets very little distribution in Europe and with over 1800 breweries operating in the country now it's a shame, big beer keeps the goods out of Europe (well that and of course import cost is terrible.)

It also doesn't help that Germany while it still has a wonderful beer culture, it has had major economic issues in the last few decades with many breweries closing and Big Beer(think Inbev) making false promises to the gov to help out but all they seem to do is buyout and flood the market with crap.

I hear about kids taking a Bud instead of a regional wheat or lager and it makes me wish I could slap people across the ocean, our kids are kind of stuck with it, but in Europe there is no excuse!

I am hoping in the next few years to save up cash and do a nice tour around the country, I hear Bamberg has a thriving beer diversity
Yeah , Bavaria is still nice

The Import Cost are almost Terrible in almost Every Modern Country on the Planet.

The Younger ones also dont like Budweiser(is it spelled like this ?) here.Most People drink local Beers, where i lived and were i live now(in different parts of Germany of course).But its Part of the Culture here i think to support local Products.
Sure this is a Depending on where you are, maybe it different in big City's, i cant say that for sure.