PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Sony breakup into separate companies?
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-31, 06:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Qwan
Captain

Re: Sony breakup into separate companies?

Originally Posted by Pella View Post
Dont need a book to understand that you can download games on consoles direct to the hardrive.

Add in the fact that FTP on console is a huge market to tap into.

Only have to look at SOE's Portfolio of games. Most of all PS2 is rumored for PS4. Which the next gen console will easily handle. Plus SOE would of had the PS4 Hardware first. So developing there current engine makes sense.

It wont be their main focus. But i am certain they are working on it.

List of Developers that are confirmed to make games for PS4. Now what would SOE being doing there?

Smart move by Sony.
I dont see PS2 making it to PS4, I mean the style of the game itself, MMOFPS, lets drop the FPS part and just look at the MMO part, there arent many MMO's connected to the console world, well none that I have heard of. I mean dont get me wrong, it can be done, Im just saying with the attention span (ADD) of most console kids, PS2 would maybe be popular initially but when the next new hot FPS comes out for PS4, PS2 will be collecting dust in the harddrive. I have two console kids, they have a stack of games, most collect dust and those that are worth somthing get traded in at GS (Gamestop) for the newer games that come out and this is done quite often. So I guess the question is would the effort and time and money that it takes to keep this MMOFPS up and running, really be worth it for individuals who change games just as fast as they change there draws. And would a MMOFPS really be popular on a console. Personnally I just dont see it.