PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: IGN.com DCU and PS2 going to PS4
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-05, 03:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Re: IGN.com DCU and PS2 going to PS4

So... let me get this straight. We, the PC crowd, have been essentially beta-testing the bugger for the console-jockeys and financing it --and, by extension, them -- with our own money for the past eight months. That's why it was released too early, that's why maps and gameplay alike are still in beta-esque constant upheaval, and that's why the devs have been so sanguine about the state of the game despite all our yelling and hair-pulling. It doesn't need to be stable and the advertising blitz doesn't need to be in place until the PS4 comes out.

I'm okay with this. My God, the glorious battles we're going to have. OH MY GOD. YES.

/salutes

(EDIT: They better introduce a cooldown timer on empire-switching by then, though. Like a twelve-hour one. Seriously. Mother of sweating Jesus. Can you imagine thousands of teenagers going LOLNO THIS SUX and swapping sides on the fly every afternoon? And don't gimme that crap about how they can run multiple clients, because they'd need multiple PS4's.)

EDIT #2: Well, so much for the joyousness. Smed's tweeting that PC and PS4 players will be on different servers. No cross-platform reinforcements for us. No showing the crowds of newbies the ropes. No passing the torch.

Fuck.

/slumps

Last edited by Rivenshield; 2013-06-05 at 03:35 PM.