PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: The PlanetSide 2 on Playstation 4 MEGA THREAD
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-13, 12:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #119
Ellipson
Private

Re: The PlanetSide 2 on Playstation 4 MEGA THREAD

Originally Posted by Calista View Post
I think any console game has to be "approved" for release into a production environment by SCE. So whether it be Ubisoft, SOE or whoever it will be the same process.
This is basically correct; the console QA team will do an entirely separate security and stability pass on every patch that hits every game on the console. I knew someone who worked on one of these teams for a certain console; the lag time on that QA process could sometimes be measured in months for "non-essential" (Read: the game isn't completely unplayable) patches. Combining servers would really increase lag time on patches for everyone, and the hand-wringing about PS4 development slowing down PC development would have some truth to it.

Has there been any announced plans to have purchased unlocks carry over to the PS4 version, much like how purchases transfer between characters now on the PC version? I'd seriously consider playing the PS4 version as well if my guns transfer over. Sorry if this is asked+answered already.

Last edited by Ellipson; 2013-06-13 at 12:51 PM.