PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Smoke post Maurader Buff...a sign of things to come for all vehicles?
View Single Post
Old 2004-02-04, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
Jagd
Major

Originally Posted by Firefly
What the fuck is with this SOE bashing? What makes you think it's a fix to AV? You can't fix AV unless you fix the shitty empire weapons. The Decimator has been, and always should have been, an AV weapon. That's where it belonged from the get-go, and even one of the developers agreed.

You use the Decimator for what? Taking out MAXes and the occasional vehicle.

You use the empire-specific AV weapon for what? Taking out MAXes and the occasional vehicle.

I fail to see what this crybaby bitching and SOE/PS developer bashing will accomplish. The Decimator's ONLY positive feature is the massive damage it does. It's a dumbfire weapon- I dare you to try hitting a fast-moving target in a hot combat environment. And I guarantee you, if you're shooting any anything with a worthy driver and worthy gunner, you're going to get your ass waxed. And if not, then the dude deserved to get Decimator'd
If it was always intended to be that way, then why wasn't it always that way? I'll bet you're one of the smacktards who believes it is ok to revise history because it is easier than admitting you lied or were wrong in the first place. The balance pass was the time to make changes like this, and if we have to live with the spectre of having our favourite loadouts and character setups being pulled out from under us at random points in the future, why bother paying these people money to "improve" the game? Give me a break, improving the game means fixing the broken parts. Like the Lancer and the Striker. That is where the SOE bashing comes from, because it is clear (to all but the willfully ignorant) that this is a clever attempt at sidestepping the real problem and the potentially difficult steps needed to resolve it properly.