PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - 530$ gaming build for PS2
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-30, 01:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Maskills
Private

Re: 530$ gaming build for PS2

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
Not claiming that you are saying isn't true, but I had a opposite experience. My 2500K with two active cores was giving me better experience compared to my Phenom II X6 both running a 7950. I'll launch the game tonight to compare the two systems again to see if anything has changed with the recent patches.

The i5? Do you mean with the 7770? Thats easy enough to do. Just get cheaper case and you probably can find a cheaper HDD around also. HardOCP determined the 7770 to have the same playability experience as a GTX 560 Ti. The performance isn't as good, but its a decent card. Especially if you are running a resolution lower than 1920x1080.
How about this, If you plan to build a budget rig for gaming and only gaming( no rendering, video editing or fraps) get the i3. If you do plan to do those things get the phenom. I personally like using fraps and editing the videos i capture, i also work on a couple mods and such that need good multicore support. Thats why i say the phenom is better FOR ME not everyone