PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Game working very slow on GeForce GT 630M
View Single Post
Old 2014-07-06, 01:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Ailos
Contributor
Major

Re: Game working very slow on GeForce GT 630M

Unparking your cores has very little effect on anything but the earliest multimode CPUs - think pre-core i5. Effectiveness of this has everything to do with power management and we have long since moved on from days where disabling it yields any benefit - the Ivy Bridge cores in your i7 spin up and down much quicker than any game timer and if you're playing while on wall power, the CPU knows to keep them spun up anyway.

I know I haven't updated our PS2 settings guide in a while, but the means finding your bottleneck are still very much relevant. If I were to guess, I would think it is your GT630M that is the bottleneck - its only a few tiers above the integrated Intel engine your CPU also has (for reference, the desktop-class cards that are recommended for this game as a minimum are 7 tiers higher and for true eye candy, about 14 tiers higher).

What does your FPS counter say is your bottleneck? If thermals are an issue, blowing out your radiators will definitely help.

Other things to try: go into your NVIDIA driver settings and manually set "Number of pre-rendered frames" to 1 for PlanetSide2.exe. It won't help your raw frame count but it will make 25 FPS feel a lot more responsive.

I am also going to guess you're a college student or in a similar situation where you probably play a lot on wireless connections. This game, as any other FPS, needs a good connection to work well, so you might try playing using a wired connection that allows you to bypass much of the wireless congestion when you have 10 other devices near you all using the same router. Again probably won't do much for raising you above 30 FPS but it will make everything feel more responsive.

Interior Crocodile Aviator
IronFist After Dark

Last edited by Ailos; 2014-07-06 at 02:08 PM.