PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - I'm sure many of you already seen this but..
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-10, 06:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: I'm sure many of you already seen this but..

Originally Posted by EVILoHOMER View Post
2. The fog makes the game look ugly, it isn't cheating by wanting it off, this is 2012 and why do we still need this much fog? I want to turn it off 100%, I want to turn AA up, I want to turn bloom off and I want to turn the blur in the distance off.... I just want the game to look sharp and nice and not like GTA 4 on the consoles where it's all blurry and bloomy with fog everywhere,
Wanting it off is an opinion and a complaint and that's fair. CHEATING is when you're actually turning it off without being entitled to do so.

So you know what you got there?

Cheater mentality. Cheaters always excuse themselves with extremely lame excuses on why they should be able to or allowed to change game files. The most common one is "everyone else does it, right?", but things like the way you worded the above is pretty much the same line of reasoning a cheater uses.

You want something, you dislike something, you disapprove of a way something is implemented in game, because it hinders you and everyone else deliberately. So you take unilateral action and change it so it suits you, while you don't care about all the ones who don't change it and dismiss any concerns about others having unaltered accounts because "everyone else could also cheat". You know what Homer, people aren't all as selfish as you.

What if this wasn't about fog, but you'd want to turn off or at least improve the Cone of Fire on random weapon X, because you "didn't like how it feels in game"? Maybe you think a weapon doesn't have high enough rate of fire or deal enough damage per round. Maybe the clip is too small? Hey, just change it unilaterally! That's not cheating, that's "wanting to improve your performance in battle!" and if you tell everyone how to do it, then at least most players would also change this just like you did right? And then after some time, everyone and all is equal again right? WRONG!

If you singlehandedly change the gaming environment for you, but not for everyone else so there's no advantage gain, then it is CHEATING and NOTHING ELSE. You have no right to change anything in the game that provides you with an explicit advantage over unaltered clients!

You want no fog? You want no bloom? Here's a thought: TOUGH LUCK. As long as I and everyone else has to deal with it? YOU deal with it, or get banned for cheating.

Take your pick

Say what you want, feel insulted all you want, but what you have there is cheater mentality the very moment you act on your personal pet peeves by finding it acceptable to alter the client, regardless of how you try to euphemise or excuse it.