PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Endless Resupply exploit + fix
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-05, 08:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Canaris
Contributor
General

The Endless Resupply exploit + fix

As most of you know players can use the equipment terminals to endlessly repair and reheal themselves even right in the middle of being shot, giving a very unfair advantage to defenders in certain instances.

I had a bit of a rage quit last night over it but instead of letting my fuming get he better of me I set about thinking of how to resolve it.

Instead of just slapping a cool down on the use of the term I realised that PS1 already had solved this issue

Medical Terminals/Stations an absurdly simply fix, add them into all outposts and towers near the spawn rooms or special dedicated areas and add a more advanced version into the major bases.

I think a wall mounted design similar to the Half Life franchise is better than the walk in ones from PS1, you'd always get that jerk who hogged it or went afk in it

Make it so resupplying at equipment terms doesn't heal/repair armour again like PS1 and you need to be more tactical.

Unlike the PS1 version that heals you automatically when your standing in it, you need to channel heal yourself pressing the use key but is disrupted by taking damage.
So if someone does sneaks up behind you and shoots you in the back he can kill you.

Like or Hate?

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms