PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Daybreak Games Hit With Layoffs, Matt Higby resigns
View Single Post
Old 2015-02-18, 11:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
Canaris
Contributor
General

Re: Daybreak Games Hit With Layoffs, Matt Higby resigns

Originally Posted by Muldoon View Post
Half of a map maker's time is spent implementing design data. It's really not so simple as modifying terrain and placing objects. You have to hook up NPCs to this and that table. Facilities have to be linked up with their spawns, shields, control consoles, vehicle pads, and lattice lines. You need to enter data in 15+ tables just to create one base. To make something like this possible for player studio would be a huge undertaking, and likely won't happen for this reason.
Hey Muldoon, thanks for taking the time to reply to my comment, I know there is a lot of coding that would be needed to be done on your side, my idea had more to do with how the terrain/building maker program you had in the awesome WIP videos that you devs made, you already have the assets created and in the videos I didn't see them coding as they built new designs and remade old bases, I'm sure that was done later but it wasn't needed for the overall design.
Player made content could be just that taking one of the three facility assets and altering and overhauling them into a different form such as infantry fighting zone like I outlined in my other thread, then you take over code as needed.

Still might be to much of a headache for DB to get around but you know what they say about wishes

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms

Last edited by Canaris; 2015-02-18 at 04:47 PM.