PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Israel
Thread: Israel
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-12, 03:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
MightyMan
Corporal

Re: Israel

Originally Posted by therandomone View Post
Of the five most populous Muslim-majority nations, four of them have elected female heads of state.
In fact, 45 percent of American Muslims in one poll said they see evolution as "the best explanation for the origin of human life on Earth," which isn't so shabby, considering only 24 percent of evangelical Christians believed the same. The percentage of Muslims embracing the scientific explanation for the origin of life was about the same as Americans as a whole (48 percent).
And historically, they have a hell of a track record. Science and math as we know it wouldn't even exist without Islam. The Islamic Golden Age caused a revolution in virtually every field of human thought, during which they fucking invented algebra -- and advanced everything from geography and exploration to the arts, architecture, philosophy, urban development, medicine and health.

The Muslims actually came pretty damn close to sharing all this brilliance with the truly ass-backward kingdoms of Christian Europe, since the Islamic caliphates blanketed every country they conquered with schools, libraries, public works and the most comprehensive system of social welfare on the planet. In fact, the case has been made that if the caliphates succeeded in conquering all of Europe an Italian Renaissance would have been unnecessary.

And the Muslims are the ones stuck in the past? Try again.

Granted, I'm a fan of Israel. More specifically, I'm a huge fan of krav maga probably the most awesome hand-to-hand combat. And for that, Israel has my support.
I think he means that there are many Muslim countries that are years behind the rest of the world as in their treatment to the rest of the world.
Basically, countries like Iran still tell their people that Islam is the prime religion, and that all those who are not Islamic are sinners. The same thing happened 600 years ago in the wars between the Islamic tribes and everyone else who was not Islamic by the way.
I agree, most of the Islamic countries are indeed in the same level of technological progress as western countries.
And yes, krav maga is indeed awesome.

Originally Posted by GODMOLLY View Post
Just wanted to say I support Israel with everything and always have. They are America's close ally and we will be side by side in an attack if Iran does not comply with everything going on.

PS. I love Iran on how they say they would demolish the US Navy, which right there makes them seem weak. After the loss of the RQ-170 and saying that they brought it down by "hacking" it basically makes them look like complete fools, how drones and GPS works they can't "Hack" it the way they claim.
Yep, most of the people consider Israel to be the 51st state of USA.
Now the problem is that, considering Israel is in the size of new jersey, you can imagine what a nuclear bomb will do to us. Basically we will be trapped here with no way to escape, and those that do not die from the explosion (1.5 KM radius) will die from the fallout, which will stretch all over Israel.
That is basically why we are so afraid of Iran acquiring a nuclear bomb.
Now from what I know, the military technology of Iran in any aspect other then rockets, is close to boy scouts technology, which is mostly slingshots and cardboard boxes (AKA their military tech is very old, and cannot compete with any kind of western military technology). What they do have is a GIGANTIC number of soldiers, and the worst part, is that they are suicidal.
They have a whole legion designed for the purpose of running into mine fields, and clearing the mines with their own bodies. Yes, it is pretty insane.
And yes, claiming that they can hack something which belongs to the USA is stupid of them.

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
So Canadians are corralled into the USA through tight cages?

Indeed.

What I meant is that those cages are non-existent, so the only other option is NOTHING AT ALL.
I also like the picture, it has two things I like the most- top hats and crabs.
Indeed.