PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Why I quit PS1
Thread: Why I quit PS1
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-12, 11:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
Metalsheep
Master Sergeant

Re: Why I quit PS1

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
I do. And there's usually enough space to carry at least one pack of EMP nades in most load-outs. And that'll usually be enough to take out the CE in one area. I carry more then one emp nade pack more to combat vehicles then to effectively take out all CE in an area.
A single Combat engineer can palce 20 mines and 10 Spitfires. And a Fortification Engineer can palce 25 mines and 15 spits. (I think thats accurate, i havent CE'd in a while)

BUT, 3 jammer grenades is nowhere near enough to take all that out. Even if your just pushing BD, you're likely to deal with at least 5-10 mines and 3-5 spitfires. Assuming only a single Fort Engi CE'd the base. (8-10 mines and 5 spits per gate.)

I feel that the sheer volume of CE calls for a counter that can clear it out. The CuD EMP does just that. Personally i hate the EMP on the Sundy-Bus more than the EMP from the CUD. Its basically a CR5 EMP that you can pop at any time without delay, and it recharges in what... 30ish seconds? the CuD EMP takes 20 minits. Also its 3 cert points that you can drive in Rexo and pull without Tech. Not to mention it carrys the same amount of people as a Galaxy, sports 6 guns AND can pierce a bases Shield Mod. (And the horn, who could ever forget that horn?) Though the guns require other players, the EMP does not, and you can just pull another sundy in 3-5 minits.

The CuD EMP requires you to earn at least CR3, but even then it has a really small radius, you need to get to 4 or 5 to get a wide range on it. While it does defeat the work of a single Combat Engineer, it also took that person taking the time to earn CR 3-5, happen to be carrying his CuD on him and has to take the time to position himself, use his CuD and set off the EMP. If you spread out your CE a bit, the EMP will only really destroy mines, mines arent even dangerous to Infantry. It stuns spits and motion trackers.

Really though, CE at the backdoor is usually just a losing situation, its only really there to slow down attackers and alert the base to when the BD is being attacked. It will almost always get wrecked very quickly. Now, CE well placed at gate entrances and in the woods/rocks/whatever around the base is what gets you kills. Or random CE nests in the middle of nowhere. You gotta get creative if you want your CE to do more than just delay the enemy.

Wow, that was longer than i thought it would be.