PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Victory with Less Pie?
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-17, 12:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Bocheezu
Master Sergeant

Re: Victory with Less Pie?

Originally Posted by GeoGnome View Post
My observation has been that there is a certain point of pop in an area, where numbers become the sole determining factor.

When your dealing with squad v. squads... typically a squad can hold off up to 2 squads, if it is dug in, and everyone knows what they are doing. But, when you scale that up to platoons, it just doesn't happen.
There is definitely a critical mass with medics where no matter how many people you kill, the medics just rez everybody right back up instantly and there's nothing you can do about it. I've had a case where I killed a guy, and four medics completely ignored me to rez him, and I couldn't kill the medics in time before the HA got rezzed and shotgunned me in the face.

I don't like the sheer number of medics in this game and how quick the rez time is. Advanced medic was fairly rare in PS1 (in the BR20 days, at least) and I don't remember PS1 having this ever-continuing wave of zombie HA meatshields just constantly dying and getting rezzed over and over again. PS1 was more a zerg game, for sure, but probably 95% of my rezzes were at the AMS.

Last edited by Bocheezu; 2013-06-17 at 12:28 PM.