PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Theory: How Resources Are Distributed Based on GDC Footage
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-25, 08:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
AWP
Private

Re: Theory: How Resources Are Distributed Based on GDC Footage

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
I love you guys.
I'm not sure if I should be flattered or ashamed. Maybe a bit of both.

Originally Posted by Carbanu View Post
By your calculations and at that fixed rate, it would take over a thousand hours to accumulate 40,000 Auraxium. I used 40K because that is the largest sum I remember from the GDC footage. ~40 days of consecutive play? Is anyone really willing to wait that long for a side-grade?

Kind of forces players to buy Station Cash. This might not sit well with the CoD/BF fanboys they have tried so hard to "please" with all the changes to Planetside from the original.

I have said before, what we can earn and buy should not be light years apart from each other.
I really wouldn't worry about the numbers in the shop or the numbers on the presented on the map as being final. It was mentioned in the video that the shop was there just a mock-up. I highly doubt they would want players to acquire a single gun for every 40 days of consecutive of game play. That's about the equivalent of leveling a WoW character 1-85 and getting a fair amount of raid gear.

It is interesting to point out that the resources that the facilities produce are the same resources needed in the in-game shop. While this could change, it may give us insight on what they are thinking about the resource system.

Originally Posted by RNFB View Post
Why do you all put so much effort into speculating how things are going to work when there's an enormous possibility that it's going to change a ton before and during beta?
I find it fun! I like game design. Assuming my theory is correct, its going to be interesting to see how the resource system changes from this build to the next. For me, its about seeing what changes where made, what stayed the same and trying to figure out why they made changes.

Originally Posted by Eyeklops View Post
This thread makes me feel odd. It's kinda like somebody touched PS2 in an inappropriate manner in an inappropriate place and I accidentally saw it.
I can see that. I'd like to think i'm that guy who spots a moving blur in the background of someones home movie and is absolutely convinced that it's big-foot.

Speaking of big-foot. I have a theory that there are yetis on Esamir. I just need an obscure second of game play footage of Esamir to build my case up.