PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - DEV reddit AMA- "ANT will most likely be the Sunderer with an ANT module" says WHO?
View Single Post
Old 2013-12-10, 05:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Re: DEV reddit AMA- "ANT will most likely be the Sunderer with an ANT module" says WH

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Says me!

I had a good discussion with Kevmo about it a few months ago, we agreed that the ANT made sense as a Sunderer mod and not a standalone vehicle. The reasons are:

1) It adds more value to the Sundy, so all the players who certed one up and have weapons and cosmetics will get more mileage out of their investments. It's essentially a support vehicle, so giving the support vehicle more value made more sense than creating a new support vehicle.

2) The ANT as a standalone vehicle wasn't compelling enough to warrant a new vehicle. If we're going to make it, it needs to be more interesting than just a power transport vehicle, and that feature-creeps it a lot more than is reasonable.

3) We have already created the Sundy as a utility vehicle by putting the AMS module, the repair module, and the rearm module. It makes sense to add to that for other support utility functionality.

And yes, I would like to see some significant cosmetic differences so you can easily differentiate an ANT sundy from an AMS sundy, as well as the difference between a full ANT and an empty ANT. Don't know how far it'll get, but that's the goal.
It would also be nice if AMS/ANT Sunderers and such were not fully combat capable transports with full armaments.