PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Best / Worst - Rate Weapons and Vehicles
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-10, 09:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Kalbuth
First Sergeant

Re: Best / Worst - Rate Weapons and Vehicles

Originally Posted by Kouza View Post
Kalbuth- I challenge you to successfully protect a Prowler from a Reaver with just a Main Gun successfully on a normal Basis. It simply cannot be done the way a Vanny or a Magrider can do it... I`m Not arguing with you per-say, you`re holding up Apples to my Oranges. Why would I not put some sort of ability to protect myself to aircraft on my vehicle?
Because this is your tradeoff for having the largest DPS output of the 3 tanks, by far, while still holding big anti-infantry capability and more than decent enough armor to be a 1vs1 winner in a tank battle in nearly every scenario.
Ie : you cannot have the best in every category. Prowler weakness is aircraft self-defense.
But the counter to that ("bring SG with you") is so logical and efficient that imho it doesn't kill Prowler effectiveness, at all.
You want everything going your way, it's not happening. No tank is having everything for it.
Magrider weakness is infantry, VG is not being the best in any category.

Again, I prefer calculation done on a real situation, instead of focusing only on the weak point of your armor and acting like it would make your armor unusable.
If you find yourself in a situation with 1 gunner facing a reaver without any air cover, you failed somewhere, the ennemy outsmarted you, or you are in the process of retreating and soon back in your AA cover before you get killed.