PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Recent string of Emails to Smedley in regards to PS1 F2P Status
View Single Post
Old 2013-04-22, 09:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Death2All
Major

Misc Info
Re: Recent string of Emails to Smedley in regards to PS1 F2P Status

Originally Posted by vieric View Post
Personally, I would hope they open it up to everyone, past player or no. Putting up a barrier of entry, while still boosting the population significantly I don't doubt, will still keep any potential newbies to PS1 out in the cold....and frankly that's one of the most important things that need proven. They need to know if PS1 can still attract new players, not just bring back existing ones.
I'm only opposed to that because I'm concenred for the ammount of hackers that might potentially plague the game during that period. PS had a nasty hacker problem when the game allowed you to make trials, they finally removed them and most of the hackers went away.

It's another reason why I don't want the game to go fully F2P. I'm more in favor of a lowered subscription fee, for a few reasons. One, it would deter most, if not all hackers. Any hackers that were playing the game would have to be subscribed and then would have to resub an entirely new account to hack the game again.

Two, it creates a way to monetinize the game that would do a better job than any other attempt they might try to implement with the F2P transition. Cash shop, buying CR5s or BR 40s? Who knows.

I feel like $5 a month would be worth it if it keeps hackers at bay.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON