PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Recent string of Emails to Smedley in regards to PS1 F2P Status
View Single Post
Old 2013-04-23, 09:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
Wahooo
Captain

Re: Recent string of Emails to Smedley in regards to PS1 F2P Status

Its funny to me how the response from players unsubbing to PS1 and SWTOR were almost exactly the same but the reaction by the parent is 100% different.

In the case of SWTOR The game was lacking in so many ways and performance and PVP... it was a fun 1st time through story. Worth the purchase price as a standalone not really worth the sub money. Bioware read "They LOVE the game just can't afford it."

With PS1... Game a lot of us still love but to be honest $15 a month even if you are someone who wouldn't miss that money, it is the price of a PREMIUM game's subscription. For $15 dollars a month we expect support, development... Hell acknowledgement the game exists. Weapons and vehicles that have been in game what 6 years now were never added to the PS website. I don't know how to justify paying a premium price for an unsupported, red headed stepchild of a game, no matter how much I love it. Smed's response? "Game's Dead, no one will play it because it is old and doesn't look pretty."

I'm torn about the F2P stuff. I would love to get back on, but you need people to attract people to that game and a couple 100 world wide won't do. On top of that the hackers. If they are given free reign it will be very short lived indeed.