PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - is it me or is this game just crap
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-05, 12:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Re: is it me or is this game just crap

Originally Posted by mbarrett View Post
I find the more i try to play planetside 2 and enjoy it and accept it the more i hate it . The textures in the game are awfull all faded out colors , the gun mechanics are clunky and feel botched , the graphics are nice but could be so much better as i feel they are not polished enough , the bases are like cities and it sometimes fries your brain as you try to navigate round a base , the game has no class or charm what so ever like the original planetside , the fights seem pointless and it feels like your just going round in a big circle capturing capture points . One of the biggest things that i do not like is mines , you get a couple , whoopy fucking doo , CE was brilliant in the original planetside , you would get 20 mines 10 spitfire turrets 10 motion sensors which was much better than this crap . ams cannot be cloaked so you can't get it right in under enemy lines . I don't like bf3 particularly very much , but after playing it the other day for a few hrs online how polished the weapons feel etc , infact bf3 is much more polished in every way shape and form , all i can say is a big thanks to the developers for fucking up planetside , if any of you played the original ps you would agree with me that this game just don't live up to being planetside , I'm going to come back in 6 mths and see how the game feels then but for now i just can't bring myself to like it
In short it's you! PS2 is far from "crap", despite what it is lacking and what is waiting to be added, it is a benchmark game in the history of FPS for many reasons. It just needs to evolve and be polished.

My advice go play BF3....and have fun and try PS2 again in 6 months like you say.

I was a BF player for 10 years and BF3 killed my enjoyment of the BF franchise. In regard to BF3 being "supirior in every form" well you're straight up LOCO, BF3 is completely dumbed down, offers no customization, has very little vehicle variation, has smaller maps than previous BF games, is still limited to 64 players, you have no choice in how you progress, the classes are unbalanced, there is very little reason to have to think while playing BF3, the battles are all the same, no VOIP on PC, and I could go on and on, FYI I logged over 10,000 hours in the BF franchise in my life time......yes it look pretty but it is severly lacking in gameplay and variation compared to 1942, BFV, BF2 & BF2142.

Last edited by VaderShake; 2013-02-05 at 12:41 PM.