PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Improvement: Social "MMO" Ideas
Thread: Improvement: Social "MMO" Ideas
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-12, 03:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Sirisian
Colonel

Re: Social "MMO" Ideas

Originally Posted by MightyMan View Post
Have em' social places be in space, rather then on a continent, with dat spaceship theme, perhaps like Omega from Mass Effect.
Having those on the ground would make them too connected to the battles on the planet itself (WHY YOU SITTING IN A BAR, WHILE YOU COULD HELP YOUR TEAM BE COOLZ AND STUFF YOU SISSIE).
I don't know about that. You wouldn't ever just wander by some players being social then. I think it adds a level of immersion if it's on the actual continents. Seeing players relaxing while planning or something or waiting for outfit mates.

Originally Posted by Eishi View Post
An area where all factions could gather, obviously a combat-free zone, would be nice. You'd need some activities... With the new currencies, maybe some mini-games could be added where you could make bets against other players from all factions.

First Idea I can think of is a shooting range of sort. All participating players could compete and set a certain wager. Whoever clears it fastest/most points whatever, takes the pot. ATV races? Flight races? Remember codmw1's obstacle course? Etc etc.

In this same area/cont, duels can be setup. 1v1, squad vs squad, whatever. Top two outfits on whatever faction want to duke it out? Go for it!
That got complex quickly. I agree though with some of those ideas. Especially ATV racing. The vehicle physics seems up to par to allow skillful driving. However, it could just be in the live combat area. Allow two players that are close to one another on ATVs to initiate a race and it'll plot "random" paths and lock your ATVs as a timer counts down. Keeping it in the actual continents I feel is extremely important.

Quick one-off mini games though would be enjoyable. Stuff like a holographic shooting range that players can turn on would be interesting for players to practice their skill with rifles. Even a 2 player competitive mode where two players can fire at the same targets to see who is faster. Those kind of quick one-off games with very little implementation magic are more what I'm after in this thread.