PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Improvement: Social "MMO" Ideas
Thread: Improvement: Social "MMO" Ideas
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-12, 05:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Rexdezi
Sergeant

Re: Social "MMO" Ideas

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
You realize the fishing was a joke. You don't seem like someone who can read posts in full. Go back and read the first post and you'd realize I said it was an example and even mentioned the RPG concept collision with the FPS genre. It's a classic problem since FPS and MMO are rather foreign from one another. Seems odd to restrict the two exclusively. Your response seems like a knee-jerk reaction to the word "MMO".
No, my definition of MMO is lots of players on the same map at the same time. I read your post and whether or not fishing was a joke, you said you wanted some role playing elements in PS2. The thing is, the role playing elements you want (or your friend wants, whatever) come into the RPG part of MMORPG, not the MMO part.

what you're asking for is an MMORPGFPS... something like Mass Effect Online in first person or something like that. PS2 is not that game. The social elements come through talking with your outfit or coming on the forums. There will be no other extra gubbins past that, and that is a good thing. This is an MMOFPS, an MMO (massive maps, lots of players on the same map) FPS (First Person Shooter... you shoot things, in first person)

again. No fishing. Thankfully