PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - 1 empire per account and F2P
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-25, 01:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Sirisian
Colonel

Re: 1 empire per account and F2P

I think you answered the "why" question already regarding why SOE is doing this. I came to the same conclusion a while ago that SOE doesn't want to cut into its profit by adding loopholes for content.
Originally Posted by Redshift View Post
I can see only one benefit of this idea, and it's SOE hoping that people will pay for cash shop items more than once if they're on different accounts, i don't really have a problem with this as SOE needs to make money, even if this is a bit of a cynical way of doing it.
That's one of the reasons in the "what do you want for subscription" thread that I said 3 empires should be solely a membership thing and outlined a system for allowing it in a fair way. This gets them the money they need without inconveniencing real customers that are paying a membership.

Personally I can't imagine not playing all 3 empires. It bothers me in games where I'm locked to one character and am forced to delete all my progress. It also bothers me greatly having to create fake names to play under instead of using one account name. (I might be the only one who doesn't like to butcher his pseudonym).