PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - No Auraxis for Tanks!
View Single Post
Old 2014-02-01, 02:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

Re: No Auraxis for Tanks!

Gal dropping right ontop of a Tank - The tank usually doesn't see this coming. When it does see you coming yeah it might get a few kills but you can just respawn 5-10 seconds later or be revived on the spot by a medic without penalty... The tank takes a heavy Resource hit and bothersome CD timer when it dies.

Some of these problems that the tank suffers from are rooted in the natural flaws with our current resource system of which SOE has a new Resource system in the works, so I can be patient and wait for that... But the vast majority of problems with the Tanks are suffering from, at least IMO, Is the fact that any and all mechanics or competitive balancing... the entirety of the game is built around Infantry and nothing else.

SOE needs to build some mechanics in the game around vehicles gameplay or at least be consistent in mechanics... Something that always bugged me is facility gate shields... Tanks can't pass through but Infantry can, Tanks can't shoot through but Infantry can? That's a Energy Shield it should block infantry just like it blocks tanks.

Ultimately what point is there in a Tank when the Infantry can do anything and everything better, faster, and for free.

Last edited by HereticusXZ; 2014-02-01 at 02:59 PM.