PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Day One: Vehicles and Armor
View Single Post
Old 2002-10-29, 05:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
snipe
Corporal

Re: Day One: Vehicles and Armor

Originally posted by Unregistered

We already know (<--again to help the 3rd graders) that you will need Certs in order to use certian vehicles, and armors, but does that mean all of them?
i don't think that there will be any vehicals without certs. the only things may be, the AR, a pistol, and a light armor suit.

How long does it take to earn a cert? Does this mean that in the first month the game is out there will be no Planes/Dropships/Tanks/MAX/Stealth Suits, and we will gradully start to see them as people earn the certs? Will the game start out in an arms race with all the empires racing to get people certified in diffrent things?
this is how i picture it.

You get 1 BEP for every kill. to get a buggie you need say 200 BEPs(200 kills). In the begining, everyone will be running out to the other empire's bases and there will be alot of killing involved. in a day you might get 100 BEPs if you play for a couple of hours. by the second day, if you want, you could get a buggie suit, but you will still only have the basic armorment(AR, light suit, pistol). Then your BEPs will go back down to 0(if you have exactly 200 BEPs)

It seems to me that there should be at lease some things available or were all going to be doing a lot of walking.
for the first couple of days, most people will probably be using warp gates and the orbital drop pods. This will be until people get the certs for vehicals.