PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Official PS Wish List
View Single Post
Old 2003-10-05, 04:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #408
Gamecraze
Private

I have no right posting really, but I want to anywayz. I was in the beta, but i left at the end from being pissed off cuz of my opinions of the balance of thing.

My wishlist is only to balance the current build and nothing more.
Basically how to not nerf, but Buff them..too much nerfing already.

I think everything would be fine, if the implants were overhauled, and mabey make right click switch weapon in invin screen work better - Right click on pistol - switches what's in the 1st pistol slot with the pistol you selected, works with all things, just defaults to the 1st slot that fits the item you right clicked on. Then no need for 2nd pistol slot for infl, or a gernade slot or anything, just improving the current right click system a bit.
After that all i'd do is implant upgrades, as follows

Darklight - Remove darklight icon, its buggy anywayz, increase range perhaps.

Silent Run - Kill off silent run and replace with jammer system, to jam all things that a jammer gernade does. range is that of darklight, but makes loud noise, something like the 2ndary knife attack, louder mabey, and mabey 20 stamina activation cost. This would be useful for non cloakers - anti interlace thingy with radar and turrets, or at least somewhat. Cloakers can now on/ off to kill off darklight, should it be on - this is why remove darklight icon.

Regeneration - 1:1 stamina/ health, Regen's at rate of the medical heal thing, but also for advanced medics, kills off all medical equipment and raises the adv medic from the dead after the respawn timer has elapsed, to full life, if he has any medical equipment and full stamina. then it resets the regen spawn timer. Gives medics a use for this implant, and increases the power of a medic a bit. U gotta get to a invin again or find another medic's body" less common with this" to do it again. It'd save people gettin the basic medic cert just to heal whenever.

Frenzy - modified weapon's booster - does the weapons boost + 25% less reload time on weapons + 20% life to health + 20% speed increase Stackable with surge. Gives a use to it for non cloakers.

Surge - same stamina drain for all armors

Second wind - full heals if you have 50% stamina, and can be used again immediatly. Also counds as if you have 300 life instead of 100 life if you have full stamina, just your stamina doesnt go away till you need the 300 life equilivant. Useful for surving not normally survival attacks, so the 2nd wind would actually go into effect before you'd die. 200 life equilivant if you got between 50 and 99% of stamina, i think u get the picture.

Advanced Targeting - 25% smaller cone of fire, and 25% slower cone of fire increase rate, able to see all life bars of people within a range of 1 tower's SOI, plus the normal see who your looking at on your crosshairs bit.

Audio Amplifer - Range is that of a Tower SOI, and it detects walking and runnning, not crouch walking, only running when outside a SOI, you can now see feet/shoes through walls of anything you detect, looks like a cloaker under darklight, but just the feet, so u can better tell where things are without analyings your map to hell. Kinda like seeing ghost feet walking around. Only feet cuz you wouldnt know what side it was and what armor class it was. Just have a good idea where it was last your audio amp detected it.

Personal Sheild - no stamina requirement till hit, can leave on forever, perhaps add the range magnifactation too it since i dont know what else to do with that one That'd make it useful and on par with the other buffed up implants.

These would make the builds of everyone's characters different, because more things are useful more often and such.

Anywayz, if those things happend, there would be alot more use of all the implants equally i think, anywayz.

If anyone likes this, which I have no clue about, Perhaps they could post it in the wishlist section of planetside forums for me, since i'm not a subscriber and i couldnt do it myself.

I think planetside is fine, except for the cloaker's huge disadvantages, and by improving the crappy implants, this would fix it. Enough at least, by lowering the quantity of darklight implants around the world by improving the others. It works out for everyone
plus its anti nerf, and how many people do that these days, really.