PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Official PS Wish List
View Single Post
Old 2003-10-06, 02:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #409
CTAN5000
Private

"Balancing PS"

The idea of adding/removing implants is ok, but lets not get too carried away with this one area. From my experience, cloakers are a pain in the butt. Dark Light is a useful tool, as well as Audio Amplification to hear them running around. I don't think we should "dumb" these options down in any way, as cloakers would have too much of an advantage then.

Its bad enough that "splash damage" from rockets barely does any damage, so spraying an area that a cloaker is in, isn't that effective, but to make it virtually impossible to detect cloakers in the first place, would make the game very one sided...for the cloaker.

I supposed one could always increase the blast radius of missiles and grenades and increase the damage being in that area will cause...

"Balancing PS" is all a matter of perspective. Im sure every player has their own version of what "balance" means to them, as far as PS goes.

My idea of making PS a little more balanced, is how PS handles experience.

I've hammered away at a soldier or tank until it was a hair away from death, then someone else comes along and takes 1 shot at it, kills him/her/it and gets the experience. That sucks.

The experience for a kill should be based on some sort of % or a minimum amount of experience for participating in a kill.

I don't see how its fair for someone who took 1 shot at a target and killed it, gets 100% of the experience for killing the target while the other person who took 10 shots at the same target, but didn't kill it, gets 0 points. Makes some players feel ripped off for their efforts, especially when they are now out of ammo, have gained 0 experience for the kill they didn't get credit for and another enemy comes around the corner. Good times.

Gotta say, I really enjoy the game. I like the upgrades it keeps getting and the expandibility of the game. All in all, a damn good game that I don't mind paying every month to play.

Yeah, I too would love it to be free, but hey, who wouldn't!
As long as the upgrades and expantions remain free, I'll keep playing.

CTAN5000