PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Building Forward Bases - Supply Bases.
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-03, 02:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Re: Building Forward Bases - Supply Bases.

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
I definitely like the idea of forward bases. Would these vehicles function independently or would you have to deploy all three to get the forward base active? Would there be a restriction on how close to an enemy capture point you can place them?

Question: I've seen some comments on this in IRC but no one seems to know for sure, will people be able to spawn anywhere they want without traveling there via drop-pod first? For example, if I'm over on Indar fighting, and someone says OMG Esamir is under attack, can I instantly respawn at one of the bases we own on Esamir?

It may not seem like it but I actually consider that quite relevant here...not the least reason being, could you therefore spawn on a forward base without traveling to it first? Personally, I would want it to work that way, a lot might not...
Yes, they would all be independent. The concept is that the building of a "base" is actually just assembling the parts necessary. You could of course make variations, like just vehicle spawns with some engineering support. Either way, we can create "bases" without having some single massive unit that performs as such.

I don't know how spawn selection will work, but if it is like PS1, then you'd be able to select the nearest base/tower/galaxy/squad leader/other bind point, but that is just assumption.

www.planetside-devildogs.com