PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Paying for xtra conts
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-04, 01:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Coreldan
Colonel

Re: Paying for xtra conts

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
There is no 'entitlement'. If it's a free to play game you shouldn't have to pay for the meat of the game in general. It was their choice to go F2P so they make money off of the attachments, sidegrades, camos, customizations, etc. If they make you pay for the CONTS, you'll find a hell of a lot less population in the game because not everyone that will be playing will have a stuffed wallet like you. Paying for the main content in a F2P game is what turns people off.
Which sorta leads me to an other thing...

It's weird how even sub-based games (WoW) or just retail-cost games (BF3) are justified to charge for maps, didnt they already "pay for the meat of the general game" once (or all the time in form of sub).

With the above noted, I still dont think it's even outrageous to charge for new content in an F2P game, but I still do agree with you that this will not work on Planetside cos as you said, it lowers and divides populations, and being Planetside it just needs the big pops in every area.

Also, I can guarantee my wallet isn't stuffed. I have 0 income at the moment as I'm studying And I still don't say that this would be an OK thing to do for Planetside. I'm with you there, I just sorta found your original reasonings a bit weird.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube

Last edited by Coreldan; 2012-04-04 at 01:33 PM.